Tuesday, October 17, 2006

the lastest serenade

so lately I've been listening to Mat Kearney non-stop. 
I'd heard about him somewhere, and decided to try it. So I popped it in, and after a minute I said, "ew. rap."
If you know me at all you know I can't stomach the gangsta rap or country. The only circumstance for country listening would be when my car won't start AND when my dog has died, but only in THAT instance.

But I learned to like Kearney. Forget his music for a second, his lyrics are incredible.
I think the reason I like it so much, is because I can relate to it heavily.  
let me sum it up - the world is hard, but what can you do? live it. because that's all there is. 
In the song "Renaissance" is about breaking down those walls and discovering something you never knew you had...or at least to me that's what it means.


I've been thinking lately, and even though I'm not a musician, and even though I don't write my own, or sing, or play the guitar - music drives me. period. It can be your best friend and your worst enemy. It can release your inner demons or hold on to something you love.  Can you imagine a world without it?
That's what I would call a bad dream. 

No comments: