Sunday, February 19, 2006

This has to be quick....

...because someone is tied to the old railroad tracks, and I hear a train coming.
These past weeks have been tense to say the least.
I just became involved in unseen battles, but the crucial thing to report is that this week I gained back my faith in what I have chosen to do with my life. I was feeling insecure about my abilities and losing confidence, but that has changed. I had internal bells whistle that I was on track, my faith had returned.
There wasn't a single moment of glistening realization where angels descended play tiny little harps, it was just a feeling.

Ok, Item number one: It pains me when I hear or read that people hate to read. Its so disheartening. True, some people may have impairments where reading is difficult for them, but if you think reading is just a waste of time, that is truly pathetic. The next generation is being bombarded with TV, DVDs, and video games. Whatever happened to a book. Reading is the best way to learn, and the written word has so much power. I was going somewhere with this, eh, later.

Item number two: National Geographic Magazine invokes true terror in me. I hate it, everytime time I pick it up, and I have to peek at the pages, with my heart beating in my ears loud enough to raise Davy Jones and his locker. I mean I almost had an axiety attack in the library last week. This is because NG always has giant pictures of these fish with enormous mandibles crunching away at life itself.
Did I mention ocean creatures with teeth are my absolute worst fear. Imagine an overweight 14-year-old screaming bloody murder, when he turns the channel unexpectedly to the Jaws marathon. Not pretty.
But seriously, do we need high-def mugshots of these behemoths showing a thousand tiny knives yearning for human flesh.
the answer is no. no no no.

I've officially creeped myself out now.

1 comment:

Halley said...

You make my heart sing with joy. It radiates everytime I open this page and there is a new entry.