Saturday, September 30, 2006

TV Round-up pt.1

So the season has succumbed to blistering heat and hapless days by the pool, and changed.
Fall is here.
There are great things about fall, it's so pret--yeah yeah yeah.
TV premieres begin in September. If you say you don't get yourself into a tizzy over your favorite shows and whats happening with them and how you've actually forgotten what's happened, then you are LYING!

TV shows are a drug is the bottom line. 
I like seeing what's new and more importantly what survives. I will discuss my love of media medium and my own little tv show round-up here. (DISCLAIMER: I actually have not stooped to the level of doing this for fun, I am in class and need something to occupy my brilliant mind.)
So, The CW has begun and launched several premieres. We must overlook America's Next Top Model, because Tyra Banks is a loon. No seriously, she's creepy.
Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill have both launched into soapy, hither and thither heart-wrenching enough to put any couch potato on the edge of their...er...couch.
But, Gilmore Girls has a new writer, and guess what--it's better and funny. Better funny. Before they were heavily annoying, and I must say I enjoyed this dose of banter.

ABC has switched their mega-hit Grey's Anatomy to Thursday. Grey's the ever-tearjerker, will reign at this spot.
Desperate Housewives, ER, and Studio 60 have all had impressive debuts. 
New show 6 Degrees is disjointed and hard to follow. 
And here's the closer, the big gem of this season will probably be Heroes. It managed to trump my expectations. 

To be continued...

No comments: