Friday, August 11, 2006

Reflections

So summer is coming to a close, and I have been nothing short of unproductive. This is the first thing I have written in months. Yeh...me...the journalist.

I wanted a summer of change and relaxation. And I got it. Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for. I had a lot of first-times this summer.
Several vacations to amazing places.
Lots of wasted down time.
One of my best friends is getting married.
My circle changed, the people I trusted changed, and my personality changed.
Not all of it was good. I let love pass me by through fear, I feel farther from my family than I've ever been, and a dear friend's stricken with cancer.
I'm much more nervous about the upcoming year than I thought I'd be.

But I'm realizing that college is an experience. Sure its about learning neccessary skills to be productive and successful. It's also about learning to accept things, and move on.
By move on I mean recognize the pieces in life that are mere stepping stones to the next level.
Nothing can stay the same.




But there are exceptions ;]

No comments: